This library aims to gather together research papers on all forms of sport participation, community sport delivery and related material. If you have a report or paper which is relevant, please get in touch and we will add it to the library.
RESEARCH & OSS
Inactivity is Scotland’s biggest health challenge. Research shows that sport can play a significant part in addressing that crisis at all age levels, and it is doing so across Europe. OSS' strong networks of stakeholders and academics work together to support the Scottish Government’s drive to create a healthier, more active nation, and educate on how we grow and widen access to all forms of sport activity - for everyone in every part of Scotland - to achieve that.
OSS Research Papers Library
- Good health in older people is worth the weight - GENTLE exercise is not the secret to a happier, healthier life for older adults, according to a new study. According to Professor Robin Daly, Chair in...
- Victims or winners? Children’s rights a big issue for sport - The Observatory for Sport in Scotland works closely with respected sport institutes around the world and one of our partners, the Danish Institute for Sports...
- If sport really benefits all communities, where and what is the evidence? - OSS Academic Review Paper published in conjunction with Sheffield Hallam University Sport Industry Research Centre and Dr Larissa Davies
- Sports for the Future: Decline, Growth, Opportunity and Challenge - OSS Academic Review Paper published in conjunction with Sheffield Hallam University Sport Industry Research Centre and Professor Simon Shibli
- Sport Participation in Scotland Report - Research report commissioned by OSS, produced by Nick Rowe, the former Head of Research Strategy at Sport England, supported by Sheffield Hallam University.